Thursday 19 June 2008

Pictures of Physics

I quickly uploaded some anticipated photos of taken from the beamline - follow the link as usual. There are quite a few and with not much explanation as to what everything is, sorry about that. I've not really got time at the moment. I am preparing the physics lesson though!! I have reached the end of the blue section in my notebook...

I've been finding out a bit more about what else happens at PSI - beyond what I am part of I mean - I've friends who work on the Proton Therapy side of things, and I was in that building today taking a look at the neutron beam. Neutron beams are pretty crazy, and the equipment is much bigger than the X-ray stuff I've become used to at the SLS. I felt a bit odd walking past bins marked radioactive waste.. but they have this machine that scans you before you leave the building and I was surely "nicht kontaminiert", phew.

Short post today - I am working pretty hard here - and it doesn't go unnoticed which is nice. Evenings and weekends are non-worky, so I think I have a pretty good balance!

I love physics....

No comments: