Sunday 8 June 2008

Arrival

First thing noted - the advertisements mown/grown into the lawn at the airport, so I can remember to buy a Vixtorinox Swiss Army Knife...

I'm pleased to report that all travel has gone smoothly. No luggage (belonging to me) lost at Terminal 5, managed to get the right train to Brugg where I was duly met by the young couple I am renting a room from. The flat is great, very roomy and in an idealic village - country surroundings and all. Immediately downstairs is a restaurant, part of a guesthouse.

After unpacking all less-than-20-kilos of my stuff (not including the hefty package of laptop and newspapers aquired through the day) I took a stroll to see where exactly the old workplace is. It's a 20 minute walk away. Tuneful clanging came from amidst the trees and hills as I ventured this evening and in the clearing I could see several cows. Definitely in Switzerland then!

It's humidish here, I noted 18 degrees at 7.30pm. I enjoyed a superbly powerful shower to clean off all the travel-sweat, and some food - Nadja prepared nice soup for me. Oh, I was extremely glad of my Wet Ones while traveling.

First day of work tomorrow, how surreal! I aim to update as I go along.

No comments: